I love makeup with passion. It’s the creative person in me that finds joy in playing with all kinds of colors and crafting something beautiful out of it. But while I love putting make up on, most of the time, I just keep things minimal but still polished . Less is more as they say. Sometimes, it’s better to keep things simple and surprise yourself with a wonderful outcome.
Here’s my basic 5 product everyday makeup. It’s simple, fuss-free, and you’re out the door under 10 minutes.
I consider these products as my holy grail as they’re the kind that once you put them on, you don’t really have to think about them anymore. Since I have oily skin, I try to stick with products that help control oil and stay intact even with our crazy Philippine weather.
- Loreal True Match Concealer in Medium Deep – I can never be without this concealer! I’ve gone through several tubes of this already.
- Maybelline Clear Smooth All in One Shine Free Cake Powder in 04 Honey – I can no longer count how many times I’ve hit pan on this one. It is affordable (and might I add, easily available), keeps my face oil-free for longer hours, has the perfect shade for my morena skin, and doesn’t break me out. Need I say more?
- Maybelline Crayonbrow in Brown – The shade perfectly matches my eyebrows and it lasts all day.
- Wet n’ Wild Coloricon Blusher in Mellow Wine – Not the biggest fan of the matte formula because it has a tendency to make my face look flat. But after a while, it starts to melt beautifully on my skin. That said, this blush has an amazing staying power. The beautiful shade is just a lovely bonus.
- Maybelline Colorsensational in Fifth Avenue Fuschia – My choice of lipstick changes everyday as I want to use my lip products on rotation. This one though has been a constant default choice because it compliments my morena skintone really well.
I’ve left out mascara and eyeliner, because really, I don’t apply them when not necessary. I tend to scratch my eyes a lot (I know it’s a bad habit, but I can’t help it) so I always end up with panda eyes when I have them on. I’ve also skipped foundation/bb cream because I like letting my skin breathe. I do, however, apply sunblock prior to applying makeup to give my skin its much needed protection.
This look may not work for everybody, especially for those with dark scars and other skin impurities. My skin isn’t perfect, I do have a couple of spots here and there, but like I said, letting my skin breathe is important to me considering that I have oily/acne-prone skin.
How about you? What’s your top 5 products for everyday makeup?